Value Partnerships: Improving health care in Michigan.
Value Partnerships is a collection of clinically oriented initiatives among Michigan physicians, hospitals, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan that are significantly improving the quality of patient care across Michigan.
One component of Value Partnerships is the Collaborative Quality Initiatives (CQI). These are statewide quality improvement programs, developed and executed by Michigan physicians and hospital partners, with funding and support from BCBSM and their HMO subsidiary, Blue Care Network.
Through collaboration and data sharing, the CQIs are enhancing clinical quality, decreasing complications, managing costs, eliminating errors and improving health outcomes:
- Reduced vascular complications by 52 percent through the BCBSM Cardiovascular Consortium-Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (BMC2-PCI) collaborative.
- Reduced surgical site infections by more than 20 percent through the Michigan Surgical Quality Collaborative (MSQC).
- Reduced post-operative kidney failure for heart surgery patients by 50 percent through the Michigan Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons Quality Collaborative (MSTCVS).
- Decreased prostate biopsy related hospital admissions by 50 percent through the Michigan Urological Surgery Improvement Collaborative (MUSIC).
As a result, we are fundamentally redesigning the health care system in Michigan. Value Partnerships outshines all other clinical improvement efforts.
- Competitors become collaborators, for the benefit of patients.
- The long‐term approach ensures quality and validity of best practices.
- 75 hospitals across Michigan actively participate in the CQIs
- 87% of large/midsize acute care hospitals participate in at least one CQI
- 95% of all eligible hospitals participate in our five most established CQIs
- Over 200,000 cases submitted annually to CQI registries
These projects have earned national recognition for the open collaboration achieved among participating physicians, nurses, hospitals and health insurance companies.
Learn more by exploring our website, or contact us for more information on any of our initiatives