Eligibility criteria to participate in MARCQI as a hospital site:
- Perform a minimum of 200 TKA/ THA procedures annually per site.
- Have an active quality improvement structure and process.
- Have an onsite orthopaedic surgeon to act as the site’s Clinical Champion (CC).
- Have an administrative champion to act as the Administrative Lead.
- Have, or hire, a data abstractor (DA), registered health information technician (RHIT) or clinical reviewer (RN) to abstract cases into the database.
- Have, or hire, an Information Technology (IT) database management lead associated with your site’s electronic medical record (EMR) IT department.
- Have, supply or purchase electronic equipment and components to capture data into the web portal for the MARCQI registry.
- Have the ability to upload an electronic operating room log.
Site expectations for successful participation:
- Identify all eligible patients presenting to your facility using the following criteria (all consecutive cases will be captured).
- Data collection begins when the patient is scheduled at the facility to undergo an elective hip/knee replacement procedure.
- Surgical Event Data
- Implant Device Information
- Clinical Laboratory Values
- Patient Reported Outcome Surveys (PROS)
- Collaborate with Coordinating Center.
- Collaborate with other participating sites.
- All elective primary Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA)/Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA) procedures listed on the ICD-10 and/or CPT® Code Inclusion List .
- All elective and emergent revision knee and hip arthroplasty cases.
- Non elective primary cases listed on the ICD-10 and CPT® Code Exclusion List – (e.g. A patient admitted to the hospital with acute trauma and has a TKA/THA surgery(s) for that trauma).